Sunday, January 10, 2010

Family Cookook

Here is a project I have been working on for 2 years. It was the  only present I gave to all the adults in the family. 

I scrapbooked the covers and every one is different. I havn't really scrapbooked in nearly a year and it reawakened my love for it. By the way I did 9 of them. These are just a sample.

My family cookbook is a little different from most I've heard of. It came about when my husband and I were trying to cook a big family dinner. We had 3 cookbooks plus a recipe card out. I thought "How much easier if these were all in the same place?" So I put them all together. Don't worry I credited the original author and cookbook with each one. A lot of work went into the family recipes as well. Many of them were passed down without ingredient amounts.
And may I say what a lot of time and work went into typing those recipes. I don't have a final count of how many there were but the one inch binders were nearly full and I had to print the cookbook double sided. Most pages have 2-3 recipes on them. That's a LOT and what took so much time.
Why the 3 ring binders instead of having it bound? Well, I'm glad you asked. As you can read in the letter I really wanted people to add to it as they wanted. I wanted this cookbook to be what they reach for in good times and bad. I feel I have accomplished that.

No comments: