Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Five Year Old Princess

This last week our little Princess had her 5th birthday. Every Mom says it, and every Mom feels it...."Where did the years go?" With that thought comes the next... "I will be present, I will remember, I will savor these next moments." We all feel the guilt after that rushed moment, the quick brush off because we are busy at this moment. We can never go back. We can't grasp that lost time. So, on her first day of being five all day long, I took a breath and whispered to myself..."I will remember, I will cherish, I will be present."




Princess received many wonderful gifts including a real guitar (half sized) that she is already strumming. She's making up words for the song she just wrote, "In my head Mommy."

Our piano was also delivered on her birthday. It wasn't a planned present, and the full story is another post. Needless to say our house is full of music tonight and so is my heart!

No comments: